All 6 art Reviews

Emancipation Emancipation

Nice work!
First of all, i love the contrast between the background and the character. And the artstyle of those trees is just so pretty!
Looked at the sketch too. And this is such an improvement on that. I read your description that came with the sketch and you say that it's hard to exactly write down an explanation of your thoughts that made you draw this. So i'll tell you what it made me think about.
Being Dutch, i've been told many stories about the second world war. The stories mainly involved Dutch people and how they tried to resist to their country being taken over. Giving shelter to people while risking their own lives and that of their families. Sabotaging the enemy as much as they could.
I think that, if you'd ask me to summarize this drawing in one word it would be: ''Resistance''

Anyway.. great drawing. The guy that hung himself and the impaling on the hills really give it a sense of urgency.
Keep it up! :)

What I did in history class What I did in history class

That's pretty awesome. I see some kind of guy in it.
His face is a bit weird, ok, but a guy with a weird face is a guy too.

Globox Family Gift Globox Family Gift

Ha, cool!

You're a really great drawer :)
And i played Rayman 2 too, so i recognize Goblox.
Not much else i can say really, good job on this :D

Thanks! :) Glad everything is recognizable. :}

Btw, I can't say I know too many people who've played Rayman 2 for the 64 these days, so that's totally neat that you've played. Woohoo!

Owl Griffin Owl Griffin

Cool coloring!

I really like the shades of blue you used and the orange cat is a nice contrast :)
It looks really cool, but there's one thing for me to criticize and that is the shape of the wings. Especially the left wing (from our point of view) looks like it's.. broken or something. I can see that you intended that the middle part of the wing stands up a bit, but i think the angle is too sharp for that.. or something.
I have no idea what i'm talking about actually :p
Anyway, keep up the good work miss :)

FudgeMellow responds:

haha, yea, the wings were supposed to be like mid-flap, but i screwed them up. i didn't really have time to draw the wings for the billionth time tho so i just had to roll with it. :P the flight feathers should curve up if it's flapping like that, but they curve down, because i'm smart like that. next time i might have the opportunity to correct something like that, but i'm glad you like it otherwise! :D

Yeti & Lava Serpent Yeti & Lava Serpent

I really like the monsters!

'Specially the Lava Serpent. I mean, the Yeti is really awesome too, but the Lava Serpent looks darker and more evil.
But yeah, i don't really have suggestions to make this better. I just like how you draw them and how evil they look :)
Oh, and if they would fight each other.. the Lava Serpent would probably win :p
Keep up the great work! :D

FudgeMellow responds:

HUZZAH!!! :D i'm rully happeh you like the monsters! ^U^ they really just ended up looking evil, the Yeti was more intentionally evil but i think the Serpent just came across more evil than i would have anticipated because of the (i think) good shading i did on it. the way it's face is darker & then it's got the glowing lava eyes kinda' makes it pretty evilish. i also like how the fangs worked out on that sucker. :} i love them so much! & yea, i think my Yeti would be eaten alive if it tried to take on the Lava Serpent. poor guy. (just dun tell my arctic bear that, he'll be sad that i picked favorites...) but yea, thanks for the review! :)

I might cut my hair?! I might cut my hair?!

Looks pretty good!

It's a shame that i don't have any knowledge in drawing and stuff, so i can't really write a proper review :p
But i like it! The only thing is that the position of the head somehow seems weird to me. And where's your right hand? :O I have much more respect for you, now that i know that you only have 1 hand and play the bari sax ;p
Joking aside, i think you did a pretty good job.

FudgeMellow responds:

Why thank you! well you really don't need to be a crazy sweetness artist or some such to tell if something looks bad or not. i say anyone can review art & give criticism as helpful as the next guy. :) besides, i'm not professional or anything so i'm not overly concerned that not everyone reviewing this has a masters in art stuff. the head is just because i'm still learning how to draw & there's some blending of perspective in there. i can't strike the same pose every time & yea, i agree the head is a little off. the right hand? well that's because i'm lazy & was getting real tired so i just stopped & went to bed. then there wasn't time later so i just won't have a hand when i'm famous in the future. :] but i'll still be beasting the bari sax of coarse! :D thanks! this is one of the 1st real serious people drawings i've ever really done. glad you think it looks good! :}